The NN group members would like to congratulate Laura González for her excellent work on the Ph.D. thesis defense!
Laura’s thesis is entitled “Evaluating inorganic nanoparticles in the living organism Caenorhabditis elegans” and has been supervised by Dr. Anna Laromaine and Dr. Anna Roig, from the NN group.
The jury was formed by Dr. Maria Vallet-Regí (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain), Dr. Stefaan Soenen (KU Leuven, Belgium) and Dr. Joel N. Meyer (Duke University, USA).
Thinking about starting a Ph.D? The N&N Group offers the following Ph.D. opportunities for this year 2016 (click here for a detailed description of each topic):
- Engineering Bacterial Cellulose Nanocomposites
- Investigation of new phenomena in novel multiferroics
- Functionalized bacterial cellulose for skin tissue regeneration
- Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme in September 2016 (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at masters’ level.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record (desirable above 8 in a scale of 10).
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
- MINECO fellowship candidates may not have held a PhD contract exceeding 12 months by June 2016.
How to APPLY:
DEADLINE: Extended to 14th April 2016
- Personal data and CV.
- Covering letter, including motivation for applying.
- A copy of your Certified Academic Record, showing grades obtained (degree and masters). If these are not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should attach an official translation in one of these languages.
- Two letters of recommendation from lecturers or researchers with whom you have studied or worked and who can judge your potential as a PhD student. Only letters with official letterhead and signature will be accepted. Please be sure to inform your referees that their letters must be uploaded in the online application tool before deadline to provide the following information in the application form.
The ICMAB offers other Ph.D positions. More information following this link.
If you have further questions, or if there are particular issues regarding your application, please contact: Anna Roig (firstname.lastname@example.org), Martí Gich (email@example.com), or Anna Laromaine (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dr. Maria Alejandra Ortega graduated with a thesis in “Development and validation of an optofluidic ultra-sensitive platform for specific and selective detection of relevant tumor markers in oncology” at the The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO).
CONGRATULATIONS to her from all the n&n group members!
Muling has already accepted a post-doc at Leeds University in UK, where she is planning to start in January
Si Ming has joined us for the next three years as a CSC fellow. He is a gradute in Food Engineering from the South China University of Technology in Guangzhou and will prepare a Ph.D. on the Interactions in Three-dimensional environments of Nanoparticles and Cells under the supervision of Anna Laromaine. We wish him a great success with his work and an enriching personal experience among us.