An important representation of SUMAN group assisted to the 13th European Conference on Applied Superconductivity, EUCAS 2017, held in the International Conference Centre of Geneva (CICG), hosted by CERN in collaboration with the University of Geneva and EPFL-SPC, and presented the work of the group.
Dr. Anna Palau give an invited entitled ” European progress toward Nanostructure engineering in coated conductors” at 4MO3 – Coated Conductor: Processing and Properties session.
Dr. Xavier Granados an oral communication entitled “Superconducting Medium Speed Synchronous Electrical Generator for 2MW Class Wind Mills” at 2LO2 – Rotating Machines and other Large Size Applications session.
Dr. Cornelia Pop an oral communication entitled ” Chemical solution deposition growth of low fluorine thick coated conductors of YBa₂Cu₃O₇ and YBa₂Cu₃O₇ nanocomposites with preformed BZO nanoparticles” at 4MO3 – Coated Conductor: Processing and Properties session.
The PhD student Laia Soler an oral communication entitled “Mechanisms of novel transient liquid assisted growth for ultrafast production of YBa₂Cu₃O7-x thin films” at 3MO3 – Cuprate Thin films session.
The PhD student Bernat Mundet an oral communication entitled “The challenging pinning landscape of YBa₂Cu₃O₇ thin films” at 1MO1 – Critical Current and Flux Pinning session.
And the group has also presnted the following posters:
- “ReBCO coated conductors for the future circular hadron collider beam screen” by Dr. Joffre Gutierrez
- “Physical Properties of Nanostructured, Liquid Assisted Grown, Epitaxial YBa₂Cu₃O₇-x Superconducting Films” by the PhD student Juri Banchewski
- “YBa₂Cu₃O₇-x nanocomposite films by CSD-ultrafast Transient Liquid Assisted Growth” by the PhD student Júlia Jareño
- “Thick YBa₂C₃O₇-x layers with ink jet printing single deposition” by the PhD student Bohores Villarejo
- “Preparation of YBa₂Cu₃O₇ – BaMO (M=Zr, Hf) superconductor nanocomposite using colloidal solution with preformed nanoparticles” by the PhD student Ziliang Li
- “Role of Oxygen exchange kinetics in the engineering of carrier concentration of YBa₂Cu₃O₇-δ films” by the PhD student Alex Stangl
- “High growth rate of YBCO films by Transient Liquid Assisted Growth by oxygen partial pressure control” and “Eutectic temperature determination of the BaO-CuO-O system in
bulk and in films” by the PhD student Silvia Rasi
Other collaborators presented results obtained in collaboration with the group:
- “Dragging hysteresis forces in a linear displacer with Coated Conductor Stacks” poster by Prof. José López
- “Magnetization of rectangular 2G HTS stacks and dragging forces developed inside a multipolar magnetic channel: trapped field, current distribution and forces” poster by Prof. Miquel Carrera
We want to thank to all SUMAN participants for the successful orals and posters! Congratulations, good job!